A simple way to understand the difference is to think about a medicine sold to you at the chemist versus an antibiotic that has been prescribed to you by your doctor. The medicine might relieve some of your symptoms, but you will not be cured until you are treated with the right medication. The same goes for over-the-counter products that simply sit on the top layer of your skin, while medical grade products are formulated to penetrate deeply into the various layers of your skin & get down to the root of the problem.

Known for their high concentration of active ingredients, medical grade skincare products are formulated to reach the deepest levels of the skin to help skin cell turn over, collagen & elastin production, which reduce fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, acne scarring, & problematic areas.

Through years invested in clinical research, these products have been scientifically proven to work. Medical grade products are developed with extensive research to find sufficient amounts of the active ingredient that will be most effective in making real changes to your skin.
Typically, the higher amount of ingredient equates to better results; however, a medical professional is necessary to ensure that you are using a proper amount based on your skin’s needs.

Medical grade products offer

  • FULL disclosure of ingredients
  • Pharmaceutical GRADE ingredients only
  • Higher % of ACTIVE ingredients
  • Real RESULTS, scientifically tested & published in medical journals
  • Lower pH’s giving deeper delivery of ingredients
  • Penetration of active ingredients into LIVE tissue

Over-the-counter products are skin care products that are accessible through chemists & retail stores “over the counter.” They allow you to self-diagnose your skin & choose the product that you think is best, rather than having a trained professional examine your skin & ensure your exact needs are met. The reason that OTC products can be purchased & used by anyone is because of their low level of active ingredients. A study found that 90% of the contents found in OTC products consist of water & filler, leaving the remaining 10% to treat your skin.

These products rarely penetrate even the outermost layer of your skin, which leaves the active ingredients sitting on top of dead skin cells! If you are dealing with acne, sunspots, or aging, you need skin care products that will penetrate the deepest level of skin, not a product to sit on shedding skin. A scary fact about OTC products is that they are not required to have clinical studies done, which means the claims they make are not proven to be true. OTC products might have an attractive price tag, but in the end would you rather spend your money on multiple products that don’t work or invest in a product that guarantees real results?

If you’re interested in exploring products which produce real results, medical-grade skincare is for you. Our skin professionals can educate you about these products, including how to use them and the affects you will experience

Skinastute offers a selection of products with advanced formulations designed to meet your skins individual needs.

Contact us and get in touch for more information or product sales and find your best skin solution.